Work Based Learning (WBL)
WBL refers to in-depth learning experiences aligned to the New Jersey Student Learning Standards (NJSLS). The experiences are designed to assist students to more fully:
- Clarify career goals and interests;
- Explore career possibilities;
- Develop and use employability skills;
- Demonstrate and apply high level academic and technical skills;
- Guide further education and training; and
- Enhance career readiness.
There are several different types of WBL that students participate in at Sussex Tech. Some of these experiences are embedded in our curriculum and are an integral part of our Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. Other experiences are optional, but highly encouraged for eligible students. WBL includes:
- Internships - a program of study for a student which includes supervised practical training. Internships may be paid or unpaid.
- Job Shadowing - the process by which a student determines by observation, interview, and study the pertinent information related to an occupation.
- Cooperative Educational Experiences (CEEs) - A paid work experience aligned to a student’s CTE program. Eligible Seniors are encouraged to apply for enrollment.
For additional information regarding these or other WBL opportunities, please contact:
Stacy Crosson, Vice Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org