College and Career Planning
- Students are encouraged to register for either the SAT or ACT in the fall of their junior year and to take the same test multiple times.
- Students must have test scores forwarded to each college to which they plan to apply. This must be done when the student registers for the test.
- Students are advised to take the SAT II by December if required by colleges.
Preparing the Application
- Students are to fill out the Transcript Release Form.
- Students are responsible to contact teachers for recommendation letters.
- Students are responsible to fill out applications. Students should keep a copy of each application in a personal file.
- Students should notify their counselor in a timely fashion when they have submitted an on-line application so that the transcript can be sent.
- Once accepted, each student should notify the Guidance Office and submit a copy of acceptance and award letter.
- Be sure to provide the Guidance Office with an addressed stamped envelope for sending of final transcripts.
** FINAL TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT SENT AUTOMATICALLY. THEY MUST BE REQUESTED.