Earn college credit at Sussex
The Jump Start Program is designed for students
Upon obtaining signed permission from your parent or legal guardian, you may enroll in up to two college courses (not exceeding eight credit hours of academic work) per semester during the day or evening.
- Taught on the Sussex campus
- Taught by Sussex professors
- 50% reduction in tuition and fees
Upon graduation from high school and enrollment at Sussex, students will have all applicable credits applied toward their associate degree or certificate. If enrolling at a different college or university, students can request an official Sussex transcript to be sent to the other college for credit transfer consideration.
To be eligible for the Jump Start Program the applicant must:
- Be a high school student or home-schooled student between 16–18 years of age. Students who are younger than 16 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- SAT Scores: Evidence-Based Reading/Writing – SAT of 450 or higher or appropriate Placement Test scores in reading and writing.
- Mathematics – SAT of 500 or higher or appropriate Placement Test scores in basic math and algebra.
- ACT Scores: (23 English, 23 Reading, 23 Math)
- Take the College Level Math Accuplacer Exam at SCCC if enrolling in Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or Physics.
For those in need of Placement Testing, please contact the Testing Center to set up an appointment at 973-300-2242. The Placement Test may be retaken only once at $10 per subject.
For any questions, please contact:
High School Coordinator
Once students have graduated from high school, they are no longer eligible for these programs.